27 Temmuz 2020 Pazartesi

Used to examples sentences

It is better to ask questions and create negative sentences using simple past. USE Habit in the Past. Used toexpresses the idea that something was an old habit that stopped in the past.


If something used to happen, it happened often or existed in the past but it does not happen now. Seeing a specific word used in a sentence can provide more context and help you better understand proper usage.

Find sentence examples at Your Dictionary. What is a sentence using the word used? How are colons and semicolons used in sentences? When is a semi colon used on English sentence?


Should I use a colon or semicolon in the following sentence? Here are some examples.


Word-of-mouth propaganda and pamphlets on bovicide allegedly committed by minorities is used topolarise the electorate.

Even in the days before my teacher came, I used to feel along the square stiff boxwood hedges, an guided by the sense of smell would find the first violets and lilies. As students know the past simple, example sentences like, ‘When I first saw natto, I thought that it looked funny’.


I accompany this with the appropriate ‘yucky’ gesture, which usually gets a laugh. I write this sentence under THEN. I tell my students that ‘I had natto three times last week.


Yes, I used to wear a horrible uniform! Colons (:) are used in sentences to show that something is following, like a quotation, example, or list.


Semicolons (;) are used to join two independent clauses, or two complete thoughts that could stand alone as complete sentences. For example : I am used to driving on the left. It means that it is not a problem for me to drive on the left of the road. And now let’s see a sentence with Used to: I used to like her, but now I hate her.


I didn’t use to like her but now I think she is great. Many times we use never instead of didn’t. In this case we use “ used ” in past tense. I never used to smoke.

There are several reasons for using simple sentences. It may make sense to use some binding words or phrases so that these long sentences can form a meaningful whole and are more easily understood by the other person.


In English, a clause almost always consists of two parts—a subject and a predicate. This rule is only broken when making imperative sentences and non-finite clauses.


It is complatible with collective nouns, non-countable nouns and volumes. Many of us maybe eat less sugar. I sleep less than my father. Using Fewer Fewer is used when talking about things or people in.


Examples I earn less money than a policeman. A complex sentence isn’t always better but when used correctly can add more sophistication to your writing. Just as with simple and compound sentences, too many complex sentences in a row might.


Johnson "The drought had lasted now for million years, and the reign of the terrible lizards had long since ended.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Not: Yalnızca bu blogun üyesi yorum gönderebilir.